Energy Wars is a puzzle battle game for G-Bots
The aim of the game is to defeat all three enemy AI G-Bots before time runs out.
The faster you do this, the better your score. To defeat enemies, you have to match together at least three gems of the same color. Each G-Bot (both the player and the enemy) is given a randomized unique color at the start of the game for the gems they use for their attacks. Putting together gems of this color gives the player points for his/her attack.
The player gets three turns and then the enemy gets one turn. The enemy collects all the remaining gems and uses them in its attack, which causes damage to the player's G-Bot. There are three enemies to defeat.
Your G-Bot's stats affect the game in different ways.
- Health: 3000 health is the default amount from the game, and players can get up to 2000 more health depending on their G-Bot's stats. Each point adds +20 to the base HP.
- Offense: The player can get up to 20% more attacking power, depending on the G-Bot's stats. Each point adds 0.4% to the attack power.
- Defense: The player can get 20% less damage depending on the G-Bot's stats. Each point blocks an extra 0.2% of the enemy attack.
- Critical: The player can get up to a 30% chance to deliver a critical attack. Each point adds a 0.3% chance of a critical attack (worth 2x).
- Luck: The player can get up to a 30% chance to block a hit. Each point adds a 0.3% chance of completely blocking the enemy attack.
The game can end in one of three different ways:
- Great job – All enemies were destroyed. In this case, the player gets a time bonus.
- Game over – The player's G-Bot was defeated as its health went down to 0.
- Out of time – The time limit ended before all enemy G-Bots were defeated.
There are three power-ups available in Energy Wars:
- The Laser – This is generated by the game and can be activated by putting it together with at least two gems of the same color. Once activated, it destroys the whole line of gems (vertical or horizontal). After the player's turn, it always changes position from horizontal to vertical, or vice versa.
- The Bomb – This is generated by the game and can be activated by putting together gems beside the bomb. When the bomb is activated, it destroys all the gems around it (8 gems).
- The Diamond – This can be acquired by putting together five of the same color gems. When the diamond is activated, it destroys all gems with the same color. The color is determined by the color of the gem that was used to activate it.
- For destroying a gem that is your opponent's color or any other color that is not yours, you get 10 points. This also counts if you use a power-up to destroy it.
- Putting together gems of your assigned G-Bot's color does not give points – it gives power for your attack.
- When your G-Bot attacks the enemy, you receive points equal to your attack power.
- Your attack power is 50 + 10 x energy count, plus a bonus based on your G-Bot's attack stat.
- If you defeat all three enemies before time runs out, you get a time bonus. This is calculated based on the percentage of your remaining time. For instance, if you have 25% of your time left, you will get a bonus of +25% of your current score.