For Prizes and Tropical Crush
Our draw is completely random and not everybody can win. There are only a few winning tickets — the more tickets you have, the bigger the chance that you have the winning ticket! But it does not mean that the user with the most tickets wins the contest.
Our admin can delete your account – please contact us and let us know you'd like to delete your account.
The most likely reason is that you have created fake accounts and the system has automatically banned you. If you think this is an error, contact us with your username. If it is not an error and you have created fake accounts or cheated, then you are now permanently banned and cannot withdraw the money, as it is in breach of our fair use policy.
If you are certain that you have not created fake accounts or otherwise cheated, there may be an issue with your PayPal account or the details you provided when withdrawing (such as your name). In that case, please read the Withdrawing Money FAQ to check the requirements.
If you have cheated by creating fake accounts, the system has probably automatically banned you. If you think this is a mistake, contact us with your username.
We're sorry, but we no longer support Prizes logins through Facebook accounts. (You can, however, use it with Tropical Crush) If you previously connected to Prizes with Facebook, you can still keep your account and keep on playing using a different login method.
You need to log in through a different method. There are a number of ways you can do this. If you are still logged in with Facebook on Prizes, then you have several options to continue:
- Continue with Google
- Continue with email
- Continue with Apple (iOS only)
Simply click the option you prefer, enter your email address and create a password.
If you are not logged in with Facebook then here's what you can do:
- If you provided us with permission to see your email address, you can click 'More Options' on the login screen and then 'Facebook Recover'. Enter the email address that you use for Facebook, and we will send you an email to reset your Prizes password. This will not affect your Facebook login; you can set the password to anything you want.
- If you did not provide us with permission to see your email address, then we need to manually verify that the Facebook account is yours. On the login screen, click 'More Options' and then 'Facebook recover'. There will be an option to contact us to recover the password. Please send us an email and we will tell you what to do. In your email, please include:
- Your Prizes username
- Approximately how much money you currently have in your Prizes account
- Your Facebook user ID for the Prizes app – if you're not sure how to find this ID number, click here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1397933243846983